Welcome RP class of '13 - make room for another database guest: Spang, Chalfont & Company #8
Built by Baldwin in 1923, this engine switched incoming loads of iron ore and hauled finished tubing, pipe and steel plate to connections with the B&O and PRR. In it's later years, it operated in Pittsburgh for the Duquesne Slag Company. In 1964 it was used in excursion service but after two years was considered worn out and retired. In 1996, the locomotive was sectioned off to visually display the interior workings. Today it resides at Steamtown with-in the Museum complex.