America’s first streamlined passenger diesel, Baltimore & Ohio’s 1937 EMC EA 51, has been in the B&O museum for twenty-seven years in this 1981 view. Beyond the 51 is Chicago South Shore & South Bend’s GE 2-D+D-2 electric 802, recently retired and sent to the museum. It’s possible that between the time that the 802 was manufactured in 1946 and the 51 was retired in 1954, the two have encountered each other. This would have occurred in northern Indiana or East Chicago as the streamlined Capitol Limited rolled past South Shore interchange points where the big GE was working. Now stable mates at the museum, this partnership would end in the mid 1990’s, when the 802 was acquired by the Lake Shore Railway Museum.