Built in November of 1907 by Baldwin Locomotive Works SR 401 is a H-4 Class type Consolidation the only surviving one of it's class was built to haul freight for the Southern Railway til it was retired in 1949 and was sold to the Alabama Asphaltic Limestone Company in Margerum, Alabama. While at the Alabama Asphaltic Limestone Company the locomotive was assigned to switched hopper cars of stone until the company brought in a diesel in 1963, then she was placed on stand-by service in case the diesel broke down for mechanical reason. The 401 at time did make appearances and would be fired up to take the employees on company picnics. It was by 1963 when the H-4 Class 2-8-0 was officially retired from service, and was purchase by a local Museum in Margerum, Alabama in 1967. In Jan of 1969 the small Consolidation was shipped to Decatur, Illinois for storage until October 1971, where it was moved to it final home at the Monticello Railway Museum for display. 1995 was a big year for the SR 401, employees, and volunteers at the Monticello Railway Museum had plans to restored the H-4 class 2-8-0 back into operating conditions. With countless of man hours over a period of 15 years SR 401 finally move under steam for the fist time since it's retirement in 1963. A Special Thanks to the Employees and Volunteer at the Monticello Railway Museum for the history information and tour of the facility.