A Roundhouse No More... UP 8094 leads the northbound ODOWP-10 into San Luis Obispo on a warm, fall afternoon as the head end passes the remains of the once bustling roundhouse here. Originally home to a 1894-built, 17-stall roundhouse and 105-foot turntable: this location served as a base to both helper and road locomotives. Besides the many steam engines serviced out of this yard, three large boilers were also located at this facility used to provide air and steam pressure that was avalible to any track through piping. Sadly, the roundhouse with demolished in 1959 with the only remnants of it being the 1923-built turntable. This lasted until 1993 when the Southern Pacific removed it overnight, which had lingered even this long to the dismay of many locals, after the Southern Pacific felt the pit the table sat in was a lawsuit by trespassers on the old yard grounds waiting to happen.