The McCloud River Railroad and the Great Northern Railroad meet - again!
A long time ago, these two railroads once met up just north of Bieber, California at a place known as Lookout Junction. Today, in an ironic, yet fortuitous twist of fate, the two railroads meet again, this time at Garibaldi, Oregon, under the ownership of the Oregon Coast Scenic Railroad. Built by Alco in 1925, No. 25 originally hauled mostly lumber in Northern California for the McCloud River Valley Railroad which operated from 1897 to 2009 - operating as the McCloud Railroad from 2005 to 2009. The F7 was built by EMD in 1950 for the Great Northern Railway and remained in service through that line's merger becoming Burlington Northern No. 610 in 1970. After a stint as Seattle & North Coast No. 101 and time at the Lewis & Clark Railroad, it was purchased and lovingly restored by none other than Doyle McCormick in Portland, OR where it sat along side SP Daylight No. 4449 among others. During a visit to the Oregon Coast Scenic Railroad, a major storm severed part of the line leaving the locomotive landlocked. It was later sold to the railroad where it is used primarily as power for its dinner trains.