SSR T class locos T386-T385 returning light from Seymour pass through South Kensington.
The Twin ECOs
The matched set of NYS&W ECO units lead an incredibly unusual daylight local Eastbound from Sparta with a lengthy consist of empty cars having dropped loaded cars... (more)
Coasting to Sparta
An NYS&W local brings hot Sparta loads West on a gloomy Wednesday morning as a result of no SU-100 coming East the previous night. The crew was assigned both... (more)
Preserved streamliners S313-S303 lead G532 on an empty Qube grain consist to Tottenham Yard.
A dozen newly refurbished ballast cars that were re-done at the Escanaba & Lake Superior Railroad Repair facility sit on a spur track waiting to get that new paint scratched during the first load... (more)
With more and more developing traffic on its Southern Tier route, the New York, Susquehanna & Western acquired sixteen ex-BN 45-series EMD’s. The two F45’s in the lot were the first freight cowl u... (more)
CSX used its interchange with the Delaware & Hudson in Buffalo as a major outlet to the northeast and New England. After the D&H was jettisoned by Guilford, the New York, Susquehanna & Western was... (more)
One of New Hope Valley's center-cab diesels has recently been painted in the scheme of the original Norfolk Southern Railway, the company that once owned the very tracks the engine currently sits ... (more)
A pair of LA&L Alco C425's shove their train into the Rochester & Southern Yard to interchange cars on a sunny March day. Locomotives:LAL 425 C425LAL 428 C425
Sperry Railcar No. 119 is readied for an inspection east towards Athens on a bright Sunday afternoon. The 1926 product of B&O lineage is still plying the rails, an amazing feat even for being heav... (more)
Wearing fresh paint in the corporate scheme, LA&L 433 leads the Rochester Turn south as it enters Avon on a beautiful February day. Locomotives:LAL 433 C430LAL 428 C425
A Kintetsu Railways express train approaches Kuwana station.
C&I 5115 idles in the brisk winter air near Wellsboro, IN. at County Road 1475 South.
Constructed in 1896, the Kensington signal box watches over veteran streamliners B75-S317-S302 stabled in between grain duties.