Preserved railcar "Picasso" X 4039 passes the preserved water tower, a historic landmark of the Le Lioran line.
On the 20th of July 1868 the 48km mountain line with 3% grades between Aurillac and Murat was opened to commercial service, allowing a direct connection between the cities of Clermont Ferrand and ... (more)
From the left to the right:
BB 25158 dual voltage
X 4035 railcar nicknamed "Picasso" coupled with another Picasso and railcar trailers
BB 22206 dual voltage
2D2 9126... (more)
Railcars type X 3800 have the cabin for the engineer above the roof.
The railcars are owned and operated by the tourist train Valley de l'Aa. The 0-6-0 was built by Henschel (Germany), the 0-4-0 in 1893 by St.-Léonard in Liège (Belgium)
All railcars are owned and operated by the tourist train of the Aa Valley.
Passengers at the beach station wait for their train at the end of a beautiful summer day as an ageing Renault railcar is coming to take them back home.
Beach service: direct from the train to the sea bath