GSMR 1702 heads east back to the shops in Dillsboro after pulling a Nantahala Gorge excursion to be stored for a few weeks until the regular scheduled trains begin in May.
GSMR 1702 crosses the Tuckaseegee River just outside of Bryson City with the 2:00pm Nantahala Gorge excursion in October of 2017.
An eclectic collection of Colorado narrow gauge equipment is displayed on the tracks of the Colorado Railroad Museum in Golden on August 10, 2015. On the left is “Galloping Goose” No. 2, built in ... (more)
GSMR 1702 pulls into Nantahala to let off the passengers for the "Raft n Rail" trip. This was her second run to gorge this year. She'll return to Bryson City that afternoon and will be t... (more)
First steam run of the season heading to the Nantahala Gorge.
Passing by a popular spot called "Jump Rock," a group of rafters do the universal symbol as 1702 gives them a little salute on the whistle.
Barking loudly as it tackles the grade back into town, Fillmore & Western No. 14 begins to whistle for the final crossing before arriving at the depot with the first load of passengers of the day ... (more)
GWR Churchward 2-8-0 arrives at Toddington on the Gloucester and Warwickshire Railway
A view inside the cab of GWR Churchward 2-8-0 no 2807 at Broadway on the Gloucester and Warwickshire Railway on its newly opened extension.
Originally built for the Kelly Creek and Northwestern Railroad, this 2-8-0 passed through several owners hands before being relettered as Lakeshore Central System 1977 and used to haul tourist tra... (more)
Night encounters: A late night driver waits for #60 to clear the grade crossing.
Just outside the Bryson City yard limits, GSMR 1702 starts its climb toward Jackson Line heading west with the 9:00am Nantahala Gorge excursion in October.
After pulling a Nantahala Gorge excursion, GSMR 1702 cuts away from the train in Bryson City to take a spin on the turntable.
Unjacketed Consolidation No. 223 (Baldwin, 1911) shares space with an ex-S&A high-hood GP35 at the Georgia State Railroad Museum in Savannah.
This locomotive was built in December, 1896, by the Baldwin Locomotive Works in Philadelphia for the Union Pacific, Denver and Gulf Railway. It was acquired two years later by the newly formed Co... (more)