A Roger Puta Photograph
Definitely a different scene since last time I was here with the platform between the UP mains being developed. Also, the NS transfer train IG4AH began running a few months ago which gives us the ... (more)
In 1945 built by Baldwin, former french railways SNCF, coalfired 2-8-2 "Mikado" steamlocomotive 141 R # 568 (owner Andrew Cook of Wiiliam Cook Rail) is now based at Vallorbe ant operated... (more)
New York, Susquehanna & Western C430 class unit 3000 teams with C420 2002 to move a single car past the engine house in Binghamton, New York. The high-hood C420 began its career on the Long Island... (more)
BB 262 arrives with a special "dinner train" in Fützen on the Sauschwänzlebahn.
Recently delivered SD40M-2 No. 8674 leads a westbound intermodal train off the summit of the Dragoon Mountains. These mountains are extremely rugged, and quite dry in the winter months.
Friends of SP 4449 excursion from Portland, OR to Bend, OR pauses for a moment in the gorge. After this brief stop they will cross over the Columbia River and back into Oregon.
The third of what will total five freshly painted New England Central Railroad SD40M-2s emerged from the shops this week as NECR 3474. The 3474 is the former NECR 2764 and prior to that UP 2764. ... (more)
Two Santa Fe Dash 8-40BWs led by ATSF 559 bookend a pair of BN SD40-2s on a westbound intermodal train headed out of Abo Canyon on its way to Belen, NM. It's 2.5 years into BNSF, but you would not... (more)
The sun begins to rise over the new addition to the Lake Shore Railway Museum, the C&O 8272, restored to Chessie System paint at CSX's Huntington, WV shops.
Southbound Texas Eagle about to leave Corsicana. The city and Amtrak talked for some time about building a shelter or station here, however that never happened. In 1995 the Texas Eagle ceased to r... (more)
Friends of SP 4449 excursion from Portland, OR to Bend, OR
Battenkill stops in down town to pick up 5 cars which will be added to there train to head back to Greenwhich Junction
Loading of coal on the former „Frankurt-Königsteiner Eisenbahn“ locomotive FKE 262, built 1954 by Henschel, now in use on the Sauschwänzlebahn.