On the left is the Scoot to Bayonne, lead by RDC1 #553, a 1954 Budd. On the right, is a Raritan bound train. Its cab car was one of four that were fabricated our of steel coaches in CNJ’s Elizabethport Shops in 1966 for the Aldene Plan. These push-pull cab cars were rebuilt out of 1927 era 1300 series round roof commuter coaches, originally built by American Car & Foundry. When built, the round roof coaches were convertable into electric MU cars for an anticipated CNJ electrification that never happened.