Hey, buddy... share the Freeway. The right of way of the San Bernardino Freeway from City Terrace to El Monte is the original Pacific Electric San Bernardino Line ROW, built in 1907. Passenger service was abandoned Oct 15, 1950. Meanwhile, the Ramona Freeway was begun in 1944, sharing the ROW with the then freight only branch. In 1992, this portion of the old PE line was cobbled together with some SP trackage and a ATSF line to create the San Gabriel Sub, now Metrolink's heaviest passenger line after a 42 year absence.