Originally built by the PRR to extend Grogan Yard, and to create grade crossing separations, The PRR built the Fairgrounds Viaduct. This allowed the state fairgrounds to have usable space under the tracks, and to have access to the Big Four tracks below. The space under the viaduct is still used as originally designed, for pens to house livestock during the fair. Now Grogan Yard is gone, along with the PRR and Big Four, but the viaduct lives on, carrying the busy NS Sandusky District. The former Big Four line is now the CSX Columbus line sub, its track is to the far left, and the other track is for the NS Weber Connector. To read an article about the viaduct from Railway Age, dated Sep. 12, 1931, click here.