Examples of the two classes that began dieselization of the Argentinean State Railroads in late 1949 met at the Belgrano Railroad's station of Pino de San Lorenzo. To the left #5713, a 915 HP. General Electric export-model 75T. acquired in early 1950, holds the mainline with northbound passenger train number 205 "El Litoral" to Santa Fe, Gobernador Vera and the northeastern city of Resistencia, Province of Chaco. While Number 205 sails north, #10714, a 600 HP Whitcomb model 70DE30 bought new in 1949, waits in the passing siding to follow with a local freight train. Both classes led the replacement of steam locomotives in the meter-gauge Belgrano Railroad, and indeed were the forerunners of subsequent substitution of steam power in all broad-gauge railroads from 1953 onwards.