Mount Rainier Scenic Railroad locomotive #5 is a 2-8-2 built in 1924 by the H.K. Porter Company. Originally Carlton & Coast Railroad #55, it was later sold to the Port of Grays Harbor as their #55, and they renumbered it to 5 at a later date. Then it was on to Shafer Brothers Logging (#5), Simpson Timber Company (#5) and then Shafer Brothers Game Farm (still #5) before being sold to the Mt. Rainier Scenic. And somewhere along the line the tender was changed to a Vanderbilt. This Mikado was photographed at Elbe, Washington, on August 16, 1986.