Few Shay Geared locomotives can share such a spotlight as Lima Stone Co. #10. Built in, served for, and retired in Lima, OH, this 24 ton jewel has been a faithful survivor of the over 3300 Shays produced in the town. Built new for Lima Stone Company in 1925, it spent it's life on the crooked narrow gauge tracks in the bottom of a Ohio quarry until the 1950's, when it was saved by a local preservationist, who understood it's importance to the community to tell the Lima story. It was refurbished in it's birthplace, then owned by Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton, before being placed on display at the Allen County Historical Society in 1956. In 2009 the locomotive was given a spectacular new home, visible for all to see from one of the town's main streets, as well as inside a beautiful museum.