Australia's only currently operating Garratt locomotive, 2'6" gauge G42, climbs bunker-first into Emerald with the return working of Puffing Billy's daily 'Lunch Train.' G42 was one of two narrow gauge Garratt locos built for the Victorian Railways in 1926, the only two Garratts ever to operate on a government railway in Victoria. G42 spent most of her working life on the Moe to Walhalla line, and then on the Colac to Beech Forest line after the Walhalla line's closure in 1955. When the Colac line closed in 1962, G42 was put into storage and sister loco G41 was scrapped. 42 was finally returned to service by Puffing Billy volunteers in 2004.