All is quiet on a snowless Christmas Eve at Provo Yard in 1976. One of Union Pacific's TR5 "cow and calf" switchers takes the afternoon off at the engine servicing facility. Provo terminal was home to two TR5s for most of the 1960s, 1970s into the early 1980s. They were utilized for hauling heavy trains of coal, iron ore, and finished coil & plate steel between the yard at Provo and Geneva Works, nine miles northwest of town. TR5s (TRansfer units) were a rare breed, with EMD only producing 10 of the cabbed A units and 12 of the B's. The A and B units each produced 1200 HP and were connected via a draw bar making them semi permanent sets. The 1874 A & B were built by EMD in 1951 and would survive intact until the early 1980s when the 1874A would be rebuilt to become SW10 #1227 and the 1874B would be scrapped.