Ex-British Railways Class 11 no. 12083 is covered in stone dust as it shunts at the Tilcon Quarry at Rylstone near Skipton on the 3rd April 1981. Just imagine what the lungs of the staff there must have been like in those less enlightened times. There is no dust on the loco that they use there nowadays.
This locomotive was built by at the BR Derby Workshops in 1950 and was withdrawn in October 1971 and sold to the Tilcon Quarry. It is now preserved on the Battlefield Line, although in stored condition.