Erie Mining/LTV Steel owned three Alco C420’s. Number 7222 was delivered as # 602 in 1965 and in 1991 was assigned to the Hoyt Lakes plant site where it worked crude ore trains hauling rock from the dump pockets to the crusher. Erie Mining was the first taconite miner in Northern Minnesota, beginning research in 1940 and producing first production pellets in 1957. It shut down in 2001. Now the old Alco sits in the weeds in the shadows of the very crusher building it once served.