On the Boston & Maine, "West Shores" was the name given to all traffic interchanged with New York Central, (and later Penn Central), at Selkirk Yard, New York. This traffic ran via Rotterdam Junction, NY, originally a connection between a B&M predecessor and the West Shore RR, a line later absorbed by New York Central. In June, 1975 a train of "West Shores" had just rolled off the B&M's bridge across the Mohawk river and onto Penn Central rails at Rotterdam, Jct. The B&M train is pictured, moving to stretch out across the Mohawk River, once again, this time using PC's bridge toward the passenger main at Hoffman's. Once everything is stopped, between signals, the power will be cut away from the PC caboose and run around the train to go against the end, having the B&M caboose. Once the formalities are observed, GP-9 1746 and companions will be ready to complete the run, (begun at East Deerfield, MA), to Selkirk New York.