A never-to-be-repeated stockyard run, as seen from the north side of the westbound high-level platform at Lancaster; Kodak TRI-X Pan film. The Lancaster stockyards were second only to Chicago's in size, rerouting livestock brought in from the Midwest to the major cities on the East Coast. The stockyards closed for good in 2006. The Daffin Company building is seen in the background. Mr. Irl A. Daffin and his associates developed a farmer-inventor's hay baler into a money-making product in the early 1940s, and later bought the New Holland Machine Co., making the baler the chief product of Ford-New Holland, Inc., a major manufacturer of farm equipment. The PC 9044 was built as the PRR 8544 by EMD in March, 1953.