Nickel Plate #757 sits at the rear of Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania by the restoration pending its move to the Mad River & NKP Railroad Museum in Bellevue, Ohio.
Built by Lima in 1944, NKP #757 was donated by the Norfolk & Western Railway becoming the Museum's first locomotive in 1966. Ironically, the locomotive had originally been set aside in the 1960s specifically for display at Bellevue, a major junction on the line, but Bellevue locals were then unsuccessful in raising the estimated $7,400 needed to both relocate the locomotive and construct a siding at the proposed display site near a water plant. The Mad River & NKP Railroad Museum is expected to cosmetically restore No. 757 upon arrival at its new home.
In preparation for the move, the locomotive on May 30th, 2018, was retrieved by the Strasburg Rail Road and pulled the entire length of its line - to Leaman Place Junction and return, for evaluation for the pending move. The move will occur when funds from donations allow. For more info, and a video clip of NKP #757 at the Strasburg Rail Road, click here.