The crew of ex-Dinorwic Quarries 0-4-0T seem to appreciate the fact that there is no cab roof on this little loco in the heat of 29 degrees. The train is seen skirting the shore of the beautiful Bala Lake in North Wales.
The loco, built in 1898 was originally named Wellington. It was purchased from Dinorwic in 1965 and moved to Ashchurch, Gloucestershire The engine ran for a couple of years there, but was withdrawn from service in 1969 and stripped down to enable a total overhaul to be carried out. Due to changing circumstances, while much work was done on components, the overhaul was not completed. Later, all the parts were moved to the Bala Lake Railway to enable a full rebuild to take place.
Restoration to full working order was completed in the Spring of 2017