Built in 1910, McKnight Station is the only surviving depot of the Middle Tennessee Railroad. The MTR only operated from 1909 until 1927, at which time the rails and ties were pulled up and the old roadbed became Lieper's Creek Road.
MTR ran from Franklin, TN, to Mt. Pleasant, TN, with a handful of stops in between. The only other surviving structure is a section house in Bethel, TN.