Southeast of Wenatchee, Washington is the Great Northern's crossing of the Columbia River. Completed in 1893, it required upgrades to be able to handle larger and heavier locomotives by 1925. The solution was essentially to build a second truss bridge around the first one. While that work was being done, the bridge remained in service and is now serving the BNSF more than a century later. This image was taken from the more uncommon west side vantage point as one of the frequent water ski boats passes in to the scene.