The historic depot in Stevenson, Alabama is a true testament of time. It was built in 1872 as a joint venture between the Memphis and Charleston Railroad, and the Nashville and Chattanooga Railroad which both line connected in the heart of town. After some major ownership changes the L&N was the sole owner in 1898 til the depot was sold to the city of Stevenson in 1976. Today the depot serves as a town history museum. Today is no different as it was in 1872, as NS 736 (Memphis,TN/BNSF-Juliette,GA) prepared to leave the NS Memphis East-End, and get on the CSX Chattanooga Sub the rest of the way to Chattanooga, TN. The empty yard to the left was the old Stevenson Co-op Yard that at one time use to see a lot of rail business. The yard is only use for maintenance of way equipment, and the occasional drop off point for bad order cars.