The Reading Company's 1902 built Lansdale station. The station is now used by the SEPTA commuter agency. At one time, this station served as an important transfer point between electric and Budd Rail Diesel Car (RDCs) service to points north, such as Quakertown, Bethlehem, and Allentown. RDC service on the Bethlehem Line was eliminated in 1981 due to budget cuts. Proposals for service restoration to Quakertown have been floated around since the late 1990s, but nothing has gone past the discussion phase. Service restoration beyond Quakertown is no longer generally considered a feasible option, due to SEPTA's leasing of the railroad right-of-way for use as an interim walking trail beyond Quakertown. Nearby, a 1909 Reading built freight house survives today and can be found along the tracks one block south.