“No Juice” AMTK 4932 (ex-PC 4909, nee-PRR 4909, built 12/1941, B/N 4378) was retired by Amtrak in 1983/84. It is seen here on the Octoraro Railway (near Elsmere Jct., DE) on 04/27/1985, while en route to Steamtown.
The stencil on the front reads “THIS LOCO BEING PRESERVED FOR STEAM TOWN FOUNDATION SCRANTON, PA”.
As of the date of this photo, ownership apparently had already conveyed to Steamtown Foundation. The GG1 did, in fact, make it to Scranton on or before 05/04/1986 [see Bob Kise’s photo 595658], but around 1989 it was acquired by the Leatherstocking Railway Historical Society and moved to Cooperstown Jct. (NY). Ownership ultimately transferred to the Henry Ford Museum, but the motor (now lettered AARX 4934) has continued to languish at Cooperstown Jct.