2-6-2 T steamlocomotive "Russell" of the Welsh Highland Heritage Railway (WHHR) is pulling a photo charter train between Pont Croesor and Nantmor on the Welsh Highland Railway. This locomotive was built in 1906 for the North Wales Narrow Gauge Railways (NWNGR) by the Hunslet Engine Company and was named after the Chairman, Managing Director and second receiver of that company. In 1922 it became the property of the Welsh Highland Railway (WHR) along with the NWNGR. 1937 the WHR closed, with Russell running the last through train. After a very interesting history the "Russell" is operational again since 2013 for the Welsh Highland Heritage Railway, but is usually circulating on the about 1 mile long track of this company only. The cars in the train are: Central glazed saloon with open balcony at each end, # 8, built in 1891, the 'Gladstone Car' Ex North Wales Narrow Gauge Railways recovered 1988 and restored by WHR Ltd. Green 'Buffet Car', built 1893, without written number # 10. This carriage was initially given the number "23" in the combined FR/WHR stock list. However, there is documentary evidence that the carriage was formally identified as "No. 24" in 1936. It appears that this number change occurred in 1926 when the WHR exchanged one of their Ashbury "Summer" carriages (No 24) with the FR in return for three bogie coal wagons. The carriage was modified by the WHR in 1927 to serve as a buffet car, a service which operated until 1929. It was recovered in 1987 and restored by Stanegate Restorations and Replicas Ltd and WHHR ltd with its first run in the heritage train on 2 May 2009. Brown car # 9 Ashbury ‘Corridor’ (sometimes referred to as the ‘Scout Coach’) Replica from 2010 of original 1893 carriage. Brake van # 2 built in 1902, Ex. G.W.R. Vale of Rheidol Railway four-wheeled van, sold by British Rail 1968.