The self-propelled 0-6-0+0-6-0 rotary snow blower Xrot d # 9213 was built in 1910 by the SLM Winterthur as R # 1051 for the then independent Bernina Railway. The metre-gauge adhesion railway over the around 2250 meter high Bernina Pass was opened in 1910 and was electrified from the start with 750 V direct current. Two self-propelled rotary steam blowers were ordered for snow removal in order to be independent of the power supply, especially because the overhead line was often defective after avalanches. However, the snow blowers were usually pushed by an electric vehicle, often by railcars, or later by the "Bernina Crocodile" Ge 4/4 182 (from 1927), in order to have the full power of the boiler available for the centrifugal wheel. Here the flaps on the side of the Xrot d # 9213 were opened and the three running gears can be seen, the upper one for the blower unit, the others articulated of "Meyer" design for the locomotion with up to 35 km/h.