Three pioneer locomotives of the electrification of the Gotthard line about one hundred years ago in front of the depot in Erstfeld. From left to right: "Roebuck" Be 4/6 # 12332, built in 1922 by SLM and BBC in a series of 40, with 2040 HP and Vmax 75 km/h for passenger trains on the Gotthard line. The locomotive is not operational any more, it was exhibited at Baden station from 1974 to 1982, then moved to the Swiss Museum of Transport, Lucerne (VHS Luzern), but had to be moved to a shed in Arth Goldau due to lack of space and is now part of the beautiful collection of SBB Historic in Erstfeld. A sister "Roebuck" locomotive Be 4/6 # 12320 is operational in Winterthur. In the middle is the iconic "Crododile" locomotive Ce 6/8 II # 14253 built by SLM and MFO in 1919 and delivered to the SBB in 1920 for freight trains on the Gotthard. Initially with 2240 hp and Vmax 65 km/h, after a conversion in the 1940's then delivering 3640 hp with up to 75 km/h and designated Be 6/8 II # 13253. The locomotive has been part of the SBB Historic fleet since 1976 (with original designation and number) and is stationed operational in Erstfeld. On the right Ce 6/8 I # 14201, ordered from SLM and BBC in 1918 as Fc 2x3/4 # 12201, delivered to the SBB in July 1919 with designation and number of today, and first tested on the Bern-Thun line, which was electrified already. From March 1921, it was assigned to the Erstfeld depot for freight trains service on the newly electrified Gotthard line (Erstfeld to Biasca). The "Grossmutter" (grandmother) or "Köfferlilok" (small suitcases locomotive, because of the two stems at the front) has 2370 HP and a top speed of 65 km/h and was originally built as a test locomotive for later orders, but a larger number of Ce 6/8 II and Be 4/6 locomotives were ordered before the # 14201 could be delivered and tested. Withdrawn in 1982 and not operapable any more it is in the collection of SBB Historic in Erstfeld.