Denver & Rio Grande Western caboose 01416 was built by the railroad’s Burnham Shops (in Denver, the downtown of which is visible to the caboose’s right) in August 1941. Originally, these cars wore a "basic black" paint scheme with the only nod to style being the shiny silver cast numbers standing out on the car’s sides (where the light patch is on this car). Following World War II, many cabooses received a pair of horizontal yellow stripes running the length of the car’s body above and below the car number. At some point in the 50s the "Grande" painted their cabooses in a very attractive "Aspen Gold" and silver paint scheme, with four horizontal black stripes along the body and the large, colorful "Main Line Through the Rockies" logo under the cupola. At a later date, the four stripes were reduced to a single, wider black stripe. Finally, these cars were painted a solid orange color ("Aspen Gold"), as seen on this car on display outside Caboose Hobbies in Lakewood Colorado, on March 5, 2020.