Strafford Station - This station at Strafford, Pennsylvania, is one of the few buildings that survives from the 1876 Centennial Exposition at Philadelphia, the date it was built. After the exposition the station was bought at auction by the PRR and moved to Wayne in 1885, one station stop just east. Two years later it was moved to this location. The station was constructed in the "Eastlake" or "Stick" architectural style popular from 1855 to 1877. The station was restored and upgraded between 1999 and 2002 and receivied additional exterior restoration in 2018. The Philadelphia and Western Railroad, an interurban service, once ran to Strafford as well, but service on its main line was discontinued on March 23, 1956, while service on the former branch line continues as The Norristown High-Speed Line. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1984, this station sits roughly 15 miles west of center city Philadelphia. Click
here for a track side view.