Reading Railroad's Hopewell Station
This gal still has a glimmer in her eye even at 145 years. Built in 1876 by the Delaware and Bound Brook Railroad, the station was subsequently leased to the Philadelphia and Reading Railway in 1879. By 1969, only two trains per day were stopping here. The station last saw passenger service via NJT in 1982. Today, the building in the home of the Bunbury Company, a philanthropic foundation, on the second floor. The first floor of the building is used for community space. The only trains that roll by today are those of CSX, along its CSX's Trenton Subdivision.
A huge debt of gratitude and respect should is owed to the Borough of Hopewell, who, along with the aid of a very generous but anonymous donor, have invested just over $1.6 million dollars to date, in funds preserving the character and heritage of the site, and in fact, America itself.