Built in 1876 by the Delaware and Bound Brook Railroad as part of the planned National Railway route between New York City and Washington, D.C.. The station was subsequently leased to the Philadelphia and Reading Railway in 1879. By 1969, only two trains per day were stopping here. The station last saw passenger service via NJT in 1982. Today, the building in the home of the Bunbury Company, a philanthropic foundation, on the second floor. The first floor of the building is used for community space. The only trains that roll by today are those of CSX, along its CSX's Trenton Subdivision.