The remnants of a portion of the former Reading Company's "City Branch" in downtown Philadelphia, PA. The branch was built between 1881 and 1893 by the Philadelphia & Reading Terminal Railroad, incorporated in 1888, and leased by the Philadelphia & Reading Railway in 1891. It connected the Reading's mainline at Belmont Junction (to the west) to downtown Philadelphia, servicing dozens of industries within the city. This portion, known as "the cut" is located midway between the elevated connection to the Reading Viaduct at 11th & Callowhill at Callowhill Junction and the "subway", a covered portion under the city that exits at 27th & Pennsylvania Ave. A photo of the "subway" portion can be seen here. This section, as well as the junction at Callowhill Street, and the Reading Viaduct are in the process of slowly becoming a rails to trail park. For more information, click here.