Chessie's Car Float connected Newport News to Norfolk. The ex B&O tug (from New York City service, built in Camden, NJ in 1952-1953) was lashed to the side of the float and provided motive power. Navigation came from steam powered rudders at either end of the car float itself and controlled from the pilot house in the middle of the boat. Looks like this run was grain that came down the C&O Peninsula line bound for the C&O's Brooke Avenue Yard. Later, Chessie's Hampton Roads Car Float operation was replaced by the 890/891 C&O/SCL joint train.