A window on history. It's April of 1933 and the WW&F Railway is somehow still hanging on. The advent of heavy trucks and better country roads are tapping the lifeblood of the little railroad. From the Alna Center Station Agent's desk, the sight of the afternoon southbound mixed train slowing for the red flag means it's time to get to work. A local farmer has a couple of cans of milk waiting, destined for the Turner Centre Creamery in Wiscasset, some 6 miles to the south. The stop needs to be quick. The train is running a few minutes late today and Engineman Fox is not looking forward to the cold stare he's going to get from the Trainmaster as he rolls through the Wiscasset Yard in just a few minutes. The Brakeman will grab the cans and toss them aboard Box 309, while the Station Agent takes care of the paperwork with the Conductor. Engine 9 will be on the platform for just over a minute, before starting her final dash for the pier in Wiscasset. Number 9 will soldier on for two more months until a break in her frame will put her out of action for good. Just a few days later, sister #8, the line's only remaining power, will jump the tracks in Whitefield.....and be left right where she skidded to a halt. After 39 years of operation, the two-foot gauge WW&F Railway would be torn up and fade into history forever......or at least, the next 56 years.