Amtrak's Veterans unit, No. 642, leads a westbound Keystone through Whitford ducking the massive former PRR bridge adjacent to Whitford station in Pennsylvania.
Built in 1906 for the PRR, the bridge is a pin-connected Parker through truss measuring 375 feet. It was previously two-tracked with overhead catenary and was part of a bypass known as the Philadelphia and Thorndale Branch (the "P&T") which paralleled the PRR main line between Frazer and Thorndale, PA. It was abandoned by Conrail in 1989. The missing track at this location was removed by the PRR in the late 1960's. Today, the ROW is owned by Amtrak and best known as part of the Keystone Corridor. SEPTA also runs service along this stretch of track to reach Thorndale.