Iowa Traction No. 50 is dwarfed by the ICE gondola it is coupled to at Emery.
The motorman changes the poles on IATR No. 50 while switching cars at Butler Siding near Clear Lake Junction.
Iowa Traction 54 with a short 8 car train near Clear Lake Junction. No. 54 was built by Baldwin-Westinghouse in May 1923 as Southern Iowa Railway 400. When that road took down its wires in 1967,... (more)
Eastbound freight waiting in Butler Siding, waiting for a westbound to clear.
The 1920's technology still serves the Iowa Traction well - last active freight trolley operation in the United States.
View from IATR 51 passing IATR 54. Both trolleys are used to spot covered hoppers at the AGP soybean processing plant.