Griffith Junction in 1975. View west. Note the waiting five (5) man crew.
EL 833 and its two E8A mates switch a cut of cars at Griffith in 1975. The C&O line is visible in the distance.
The regionally famous Broad street interlocking tower is visible in the distance as a manifest freight gets the signal to proceed westward, in 1975.
This evening's Q148 is approaching the connector at Griffith, where it will diverge off of the J and onto the CN South Bend Sub. Always nice to see a 60 leading, especially at sunset.
A CN SD60 leads a westbound stack train at Griffith, IN.
Alco RS-3 1040 was built in March 1950 as Delaware Lackawanna & Western 902. Broad street tower is visible in the distance.
A colorful "radio equipped" with portholes E8A leads a manifest west through Griffith in 1975.
Rolling west through Griffith with some snow on the roof, just east of Broad street in 1975. The conductor is preparing to grab his orders.
The James Whitcomb Riley is making an unscheduled stop to pick up railroad officials after gaining C&O iron just east of the famous Broad street tower.
A CN train prepares to turn north towards Kirk yard on the EJE as the snow continues to intensify.
An E unit with round (porthole type) side windows, westbound just east of Broad street.
After setting off some cars on a siding west of Broad street, the trio of E units is backing eastward to couple onto their train. In the distance a C&O manifest is passing Broad street tower.
The Elgin Joliet & Eastern mainline curve is visible on the north side of this eastbound manifest.
A westbound manifest is seen here just east of the Broad street tower.
About to snag the orders for the eastbound James Whitcomb Riley as it enters C&O track just east of Broad street tower.