The former CGW yard tower stands tall as the Rock Island 652 poses next to Rock Island wooden caboose 17958. The 17958 was built in 1914.
Rock Island 630 and CGW 116-A all a glow during the blue hour in Oelwein, IA.
The Rock Island 630 is displayed at the Hub City Heritage RR Museum during their "Railroad Days" event. The two E Units have received recent cosmetic refurbishment by MAC in Kansas City... (more)
The first public appearance of Manly Junction's Rock Island E Units occured at the Hub City Heritage RR museum in Oelwein, IA. Here the 653 is posed next to a wood Rock Island caboose in front of ... (more)