A Pontarlier Neuchâtel service passes under the Joux Castle. This is still in France, the Swiss border is about 7 km away at Les Verričres. The section between Pontarlier and the border is electri... (more)
Triple voltage TGV 115 on a Lausanne Paris service is entering the Joux Forest area.
With the Montparnasse Tower in the background, 3 main line engines are waiting their evening assignments: a CC 72000 that will take charge of a fast (160 kph) Paris-Nantes Corail service (the Le M... (more)
Triple voltage TGV 114 coupled with TGV 115 cruises the Jura high plateau between Frasne and Mouchard on a Lausanne - Paris service. The train is about to cross the La Joux forest. The speed on th... (more)
A BB 15000 in push-pull mode races at about 90 mph on the Paris-Amiens line while a lazy camera moves slowly its shutter at 1/20th of a second to capture it.
A Caen depot RTG arrives in Paris, probably coming from Cherbourg. The first turbotrains on this line were the first generation ETG. Given their success, they were replaced by the new generation R... (more)
Rare bird, unsuccessful
The dual-power Eem 6/6 were designed for heavy shunting in large yards or stations, where not all tracks are electrified, but most of the shunting can be ... (more)
The Swiss Federal Railways (SBB - CFF - FFS) periodically invited school kids to visit yards or maintenance shops, with the objective of raising interest for r... (more)
Two Re 4/4 II emerge from the Gotthard Tunnel with a passenger train, captured by two railfans, as another railfan watches the scene from the cab of a Re 6/6 about to enter the tunnel.
X 3800 "Picasso" railcar at the end of the La Ferté-Gaucher line right before the end of these railcars on Paris suburban lines.
Visiting Limoges in 1975 was a travel back in time. At the locomotive depot, a collection of ageing series were still in active service. They are:
- Z 4400, an EMU series born in March 1936more)
A rare electric shunting engine: the 1.5KV DC CC-1100 was a series of 12 engines built between 1938 and 1948. They were initially ordered by the P.O.-Midi before SNCF was created. They were specia... (more)
There were many "BB Midi" in the Limoges depot in 1975. The 4609 was built in August 1929 by the "Midi" (Compagnie des Chemins de Fer du Midi). It is a 1.5KV DC 1164 KW (1560 h... (more)
Medium power 4000HP single voltage 1.5KV DC engine built in Sept 1970, withdrawn in June 2007.