A CSXT "Q" train exits the 1914 Graham tunnel and crosses the Kessler bridge high above the Potomac river.
Number 2143 has the brakes applied as it glides over Milwaukee Ave and enters the station at Libertyville.
Number 2143 has the brakes applied as it glides over the east end of the siding and enters the station at Grayslake.
Starting the second half of the Milwaukee Ave. "S" curve, the 427 brings her train into Libertyville's station.
Three shades of C&NW yellow and green, and a little bankruptcy blue too.
Now arriving on station track one... The bilevel suburban train pushes into the station at IRM.
A pair of C&NW original paint units pose in front of the diesel house.
The North Shore 749 was just returned to service earlier this year. It was built in Chicago in 1928, and looks as good now as is did back then.
The slant nosed Silver Pilot occupies the grade crossing in a switching move at the end of her day.
The 92 waits under the stars for part two of diesel weekend at IRM.
Another fantastic IRM production.
The classic cab of the GP30 stands out against the night sky.
The engineer puts on a show as he rides the high iron to the west end of the plant, to ride the crossovers back east and get in the other half of the yard at Eola.
Climbing the eastern slope of Sand Patch.
The bracket mast CPLs at Hansrote frame the westbound Capital Limited.