Iowa Traction No. 51 was built by Baldwin-Westinghouse in May of 1921 as Northeastern Oklahoma Railway No. 2. It was purchased in 1940 by the Crandic and became their No. 57, then was sold to the... (more)
Iowa Traction No. 50 is dwarfed by the ICE gondola it is coupled to at Emery.
Iowa Traction No. 50, a steeplecab electric built in 1920, rolls downgrade towards Clear Lake after finishing its work at AGP.
The motorman changes the poles on IATR No. 50 while switching cars at Butler Siding near Clear Lake Junction.
Iowa Traction 54 with a short 8 car train near Clear Lake Junction. No. 54 was built by Baldwin-Westinghouse in May 1923 as Southern Iowa Railway 400. When that road took down its wires in 1967,... (more)
Iowa Traction 50 was built by Baldwin-Westinghouse in October 1920 for the Washington & Old Dominion. This antique is still used to move freight cars.
Iowa Traction steeplecab# 51 (built by Baldwin-Westinghouse in May 0f 1921) spends the night in the Emery yard.
Looks pretty good for an antique! Years of maintenance have kept the IATR's small fleet of electrics in very nice shape.
Talk about a generation gap - IATR 50 sits as a UP train eases over the crossing in the background. Built in 1920, the old electric unit is 70 years older than the UP power behind it yet still ea... (more)
The IATR 50 patiently waits for a crew to show up later in the morning to jump on and start switching the grain elevator.
Two trollies were working the loaded soybean covered hoppers from AGP Soybean Plant.
The 1920's technology still serves the Iowa Traction well - last active freight trolley operation in the United States.
View from IATR 51 passing IATR 54. Both trolleys are used to spot covered hoppers at the AGP soybean processing plant.
Baldwin-Westinghouse built May 1921 for Northeast Oklahoma Rly, 2. Sold to Crandic 1940 renumbered 57. Sold to Kansas City Kaw Valley RR, 505, in 1954. IATR acquired car 1963 and renumbered to 51... (more)