21. The shadows creep up quickly in the mountains but boy does the sky start to light up. The snow is starting to accumulate as I work my way up the eastern side.
27. An early rise got me out on the road well before the sun pulled the covers off. Leaving Essex and heading back east again hoping to catch some action at the Two Medicine Bridge. Halfway there ... (more)
28. The orange DPU really pops of the white mountain backdrop.
29. The sun finally pops out from behind the mountain and sheds gorgeous light on the well known Two Medicine Bridge as a grain train glides above the just as famous barn.
30. Hard not too shoot this impressive sights in Montana!
Glacier National Park provides a dramatic backdrop for a early morning grain load climbing towards Marias Pass Summit.
Stiff winds blowing down the east side of Marias Pass have a habit of toppling lightweight freight cars or ripping empty intermodal containers from stack trains. Midvale Creek Trestle features a s... (more)
69 auto racks trail a pair of C44s onto the Two Medicine River bridge
While I have shot Two Medicine Bridge before, who hasn't right, it was hard to resist after a fresh snow fall and an almost matched quartet.
BNSF 4123 is seen leading a eastbound empty grain train just west of the summit of Marias Pass - 01/09/2009
Last train before an 8 hour maintainence shutdown.
Crossing Two Medicines River on the way West, 4449 has the Fall Colors excursion in tow.
The Eastbound Empire Builder crossing the large Two Medicine Trestle on the Hi-Line.
Exiting the tough downgrade out the east side of the Marias Pass on a beautiful Montana day.
BNSF 4092 is seen heading east out of East Glacier, Montana - 01/09/2009