Reading Railroad Camelback #1187. The majority of the parts missing parts are stored safely inside, pending a hoped for restoration. Looks like she'll need an all new cab, however.
Reading Company 0-4-0 Camelback #1187
This A-4 Class was built for the P&R (Philadelphia and Reading Company) in March of 1903. There were twenty locomotives in all, numbering 1187 to 1... (more)
The Undead Three engines sit outside at the shop at Strasburg awaiting funds, time and eventual restoration. Captured here on a brisk Winter's day in March, we see primarily, the rear of t... (more)
Reading Railroad 0-4-0 Camelback #1187, aka; Strasburg #4. Engineer's side. This engine was built in March, 1903, acquired by Strasburg in 1962 and last ran in May of 1967. The engine was on lo... (more)
Set of power Rutherford yard
Reading train arriving Allentown
Reading Meets Lackawanna.... Reading livery F7 284 sits next to the former Lackawanna Railroad freight house. Work is underway to convert the structure into an office complex.
Historic equipment meet in Boonton. Reading livery F7A 284 is pointed toward the rear of New York Central 20th Century Limited observation car Hickory Creek. The historic equipment will be availab... (more)
Empty hopper train going to the Grace Mine at Joanna, Pa.
The former Reading Railroad McMyler coal dumper was constructed in 1917 to handle the increasing coal traffic that was destined for the New York Harbor. In 1951 the pier caught fire. Much of the o... (more)
Reading Camelback #1187 sits in storage pending the railroad's decision on her fate. Once active at the Strasburg, the engine was moved to the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania when her time ran ou... (more)
Reading Railroad 903 FP7 sits in the late evening sun while at Steamtown Pa
various power at Reading's Rutherford engine facility
One of the prime exhibits at the URHS's Transportation Heritage Festival was a former Chicago & Northwestern F7 painted in the Reading Company livery.