The resident NW2 of the Casselton ethanol plant rests in the sunlight on the south side of the complex. This unit was built in August 1947 as Detroit Terminal Railroad #109.
All is quiet in the sleepy town of Elkhart, even this former BNSF GP7 sleeps the early morning away at the Elkhart Farmers Grain elevator.
NIWX 1228 sits here idling, waiting amongst the cornfields for the next UP grain train to come to the silo.
Lease unit slumbers for the winter.