Former New Hope and Ivyland SW1 No. 9423 survives today at SMS, still wearing her old, albeit, faded livery. Built by EMD for the PRR in 1950, #9423 survived into the Penn Central merger in 1968 and was renumbered 8523, and then later as Amtrak #'s 252 and 739. During the latter half of the 1980's the engine was leased to New Hope and powered most of the passenger excursions as 2-8-0 #40, 4-6-0 #1533 and 0-6-0 #9 were out of service. It was painted blue in 1993. Interestingly, SMS is also in possession of New Hope & Ivyland's 0-6-0, No. 9, former US Army.