One source says this unit was Illinois Terminal 1200 but the hood shows this is 1210. It was owned by N&W after IT. Photo by Jim Satterwhite.
Passing structures that no longer exist, Lancaster & Chester’s local works in Chester, South Carolina.
A photo freight nears Ellensburg in the Yakima River Canyon. The F units had been reconditioned for use on the Spirit of Washington dinner train near Seattle.
Power for Willamette & Pacific's Eugene Hauler crosses over Burlington Northern's former Oregon Electric. Today, both lines are united under the Portland & Western banner.
these human-powered "sleds" are a common sight on Phillipine railways.
The Northern Pacific Woodinville Sub/Branch is gone from here, the Spirit of Washington Dinner Train is gone, but back in 1993 a Brunch Train operated north from Renton to Woodinville, WA with a p... (more)
GATX 1238 departs Grand Forks, ND in May of 1990. GATX 1238 was originally built for Reserve Mining in Northern Minnesota.
The broad gauge steam locomotive WP #7595 is getting prepared for her next duty in the Delhi shed.
A classic SP caboose brings up the back end of a local as it has just crossed the diamond at Joliet.
A FILTHY SP unit ! A westbound stack train passes Joliet with a mixture of SP and CSX units. I would have been happy with any unit in the consist leading - with the exception of the one ac... (more)
A single helper brings up the rear of westbound freight L375 at Mance, Pa. From the lean of the engine and first box car, it looks like a low spot has developed.
A pair of CSX units bracket a Wisconsin Central SD45 on an eastbound freight. Tom Golden photo.
Eastbound coal loads roll slowly down the main line as a yard full of coal loads await their movement east. One empty train awaits its westward movement to the West Virginia coal fields.
On August 20, 1997, Amtrak's Eastbound Empire Builder is traversing Marias Pass in Montana near West Bison at 1800 hrs with Amtrak P42s 57 and 82 leading P40 833.
A westbound Santa Fe intermodal train zips across the impressive Canyon Diablo Bridge at Canyon Diablo, Arizona, on April 19, 1990. Four GE B40-8s (Nos. 7419, 7418, 7440 and 7421) along with an EM... (more)